Sunday, August 9, 2009

Flower Fairies Year Round Wisdom
















When I was a child, I was very much fascinated by fairies. I recall during those visits at the park, I'd carry a big book of flower fairies and keep it with me, studying all the details of the flower fairy in case I chanced upon one in the park. As an adult, I am still inspired by faerie creatures. They are wonderful magical creatures that remind us that we may not see them, but they are around us all the time!

The flower fairy cross stitch book mark project came out of that childhood inspiration. The idea was to create a bookmark per month with the flower fairy giving out a wisdom related to the flower assigned to her. So came the 12 series.

The patterns are created with 14 count aida in mind. They are simple, using mostly full cross stitches with some back stitches for detail. The stitcher can also opt to use a smaller weave aida but since the design is small, more back stitches is recommended to give the details more emphasis.

Cross Stitch Patterns for the Flower fairies can be found here.

No comments: