Saturday, May 23, 2009

The BookWorm by Carl Spitzweg


Whenever I research for paintings to turn into cross stitch pattern, I inevitably stumble upon paintings that become a personal favorite. On the latest batch of cross stitch charts, my favorite is Carl Spitzweg's The Bookworm. Painted in 1850, it depicts a lone eccentric man lost in his library with a light softly shining on him. I can almost imagine that he was probably there all day looking through his collection of books!

It is no surprise that I am drawn to this painting. I am a bookworm myself! :)

To all the bookworms out there who are also cross stitch addicts, this cross stitch project will be perfect for your reading room or mini libraries. The whole project just uses 25 DMC floss and the finished size for a 14 count is 11" x 15". I created this with minimal dithering which would mean less scattering of colors so it would be easier to stitch. It would be a great project for beginners as well as advance cross stitchers!

Get it here at www.PinoyStitch.org

No comments: